Service And Repairs
The customer authorizes MSC the repair of his device and the replacement of parts upon submission for repair.
MSC do not accept IPhones that are damaged due to liquid spill.
MSC do not accept IPhones that have been given to other service centers and had failed repair. If customer has still sent their device for repair even though is was given to another service center prior and had failed repair. The repair work that was done previously is easily visible by our tech staff and diagnostic charges will apply and the device will be returned to you.
Customer is responsible for making a backup his data. In the event of loss of Data, MSC is not responsible for Data loss arising due to repair.
Customer Credentials and other details when given for the repair of his device and it is the sole responsibility of the customer to change the credentials upon receipt of the device.
The device is not authorized to be opened outside service repair area.
If this form is filled prior to inspection, the amount will be only be treated as an approximate figure and prices may vary after inspection.
Repairs made to Macbooks caused due to liquid spill will incur different charges.
Part components will be repaired during Part repair. Parts Include Logic Board, Screen, IC's, Circuitry Repair.
This form is best filled by an MSC Technician to ensure accuracy of approximate Pricing.
Diagnostic Charges are 300 AED and will be borne in the event the repair has been declined for a Macbook and 150 in the case of a Phone.
All Payments are to be made in cash which include diagnostic charges and total payments. MSC is not accepting Cheques or Credit card payments as of now.
Customer cannot take MSC to court for disputes on repairs and components.
Web and App Development
Payment Obligations, Renewals, and Cancellations
1. A down payment is required in order to begin development of your website. This is usually 50% of the upfront design fee, unless an alternative contract or proposal specifies a different amount. The outstanding balance on your website is due after the design, navigation and pages have been approved and built. Final payment is due regardless of whether all content for the pages has been sent by the client. This provision is in place to encourage the client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. It also ensures that MSC gets paid for performing their duty under the proposal, despite tardy content from the client. After payment, MSC will still post outstanding content AT NO CHARGE for 3 months. In the event an “under construction” page is posted due to missing content, MSC will post ONE copy of any text/pictures on existing pages only, for up to 3 months after publish date. After the three months have expired, content posted to site will be billable at our current regular hourly rate. In the event that design and navigation changes are requested after they have been specifically approved by the client, these changes will be billable at our current regular hourly rate.
2. If site design and development work has already begun (such as creating a design concept), then the down payment is non-refundable. MSC my elect at its sole discretion to offer a partial refund depending upon the circumstances.
3. Stock photography includes most photos and/or images not provided by the client. Stock photography purchased on behalf of client for use in website development is billable at a minimum of $10 per picture. This amount is separate from the amount quoted for website design and development. Some pictures are more expensive than $10, in which case we will solicit client approval and communicate the price before purchasing.
4. There are 2 types of ongoing costs: domain registration and hosting.
a. This cost recurs annually. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.mygroup.org, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes. You are NOT required to register a domain through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Many services are not honest in the way they sell names and we spend a lot of time helping people re-secure rights to the name they thought they had already purchased. If you have registered your own name, make sure you have yourself as the Registrant and Administrative Contact with a current, easily accessible email address. This will help to ensure that your domain can be renewed or transferred should the need arise. Domain name registration fees are not refundable.
b. This cost recurs annually. Hosting places the domain name on a particular server connected to the web, which allows you to post a website for viewing through a browser. You are NOT required to host through us, but we strongly PREFER that you do. Hosting comes with domain-based emails, bandwidth, storage space, database and security tools, and other features. Projects that involve custom programming must be hosted with MSC to ensure the programs that we write will work. If you want to host your site on another server this must be disclosed before we begin programming.
c. : Your hosting account will be automatically renewed under the same time and fee structure unless you give written notice to MSC fifteen (15) days before the renewal date that you do not wish to renew the account.
d. : You may cancel at anytime. If you cancel before the first 30 days from the opening of your account, please refer to the details under “Limited 30-day Money Back Guarantee.” If you cancel after the first 30 days, you will be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effective date of the cancellation. MSC will refund the prepaid fees for basic hosting for the full months remaining after effective date of the cancellation, less any prior fees and charges, and an early cancellation fee of $25. Accounts that are terminated by MSC for abuse or violations of internet standards or these terms and conditions will not receive any refund. All cancellations must be received in writing according to the deadlines indicated: regular mail and e-mail are acceptable. Phone requests will not constitute acceptance of any cancellation. Refunds will be issued back to you within 10 business days from your cancellation date.
e. : If you wish to transfer your hosting to another provider MSC can, upon request, download your site onto a CD and mail it to you. The cost for this service $50 per copy. FTP access to your site is not available for transfer purposes.
f. : If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 30 days from the opening of the account, you will be given a refund on your hosting fee excluding setup fees and time accrued from setup date. If paid by credit card, refunds will be issued to the original credit card provided at the time of purchase. If your account has been cancelled by us due to a breach of the terms and conditions on your part, you will not be eligible for a refund. Domain name registration is non-refundable.
g. : Should client decide to host their site on another server, MSC cannot guarantee the all elements of the site will work. MSC will make a reasonable effort to research the problem on the foreign platform to let the client know what we think the problem is. However, we cannot take responsibility for problems caused by or on another hosting server, including but not limited to email, FTP, SSL, database, server software, and site security issues. If MSC believes it will take a significant amount of time to fix the problem, we will advise the client before proceeding. In most cases, fixing problems on a foreign hosting server is billable.
5. There are no required maintenance fees other than domain registration and hosting. Most people do some work on their site every year, for which we offer several plans. We can make certain parts of the site updatable by you by implementing a custom Content Management System, or installing a blog. For work we do on the site after going live, we charge on an hourly basis. If you expect that maintenance will be a regular occurrence, you can buy a prepaid maintenance contract that affords a discounted hourly rate. If need be, we can customize a maintenance plan for your particular needs, but no plan is required.
6. Depending upon the nature of the website changes, prepayment may be required. Should the client be invoiced after the changes are completed, the invoice is due upon reciept. If payment is not received within 30 days, the maintenance changes may be taken down until payment is received. After 60 days, there may also be a $35 reposting fee added to the outstanding maintenance invoice balance.
1. – Once the site design is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the design is considered ready for implementation. Should the client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
2. – Once site outline/map is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the site navigation is considered ready for implementation. Combined with the approved graphic design, this becomes the site structure. Once we build this structure per client approval, any subsequent changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
3. – Provision of content is customer’s responsibility, unless specifically negotiated ahead of time as part of the project proposal.
o – Copy for all website pages and links needs to be delivered digitally and should be carefully proof-read by the client. Two rounds of revisions will be provided free of charge. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
o – Should client wish MSC to develop content for the site, website copy is billable at our regular hourly rate. Development of copy is accomplished via MSC Web Development interviewing the client about the topic areas to be addressed on their web pages. MSC then composes appropriate copy, submits to the client for review, edit, and approval. Approved copy is then posted to the web pages.
o – Images outside of the website design must be provided in digital form or in a form that can be easily scanned, unless otherwise provided for in customer’s contract. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
4. – Entry of data for database applications is considered client’s responsibility. Entry of data by MSC is billable, unless otherwise provided for in customer’s contract.
5. We offer free domain-based email accounts to our clients as part of any hosting contract. If site is not hosted by MSC, we take no responsibility for setting up and troubleshooting email problems.
6. – For websites with administrative control panels or content management systems, two (2) one-hour training sessions will be provided.
7. We offer local and long-distance phone support to our clients. We do not normally bill for technical support depending on the source of the problem, its severity, and our time invested. If MSC is not the source of the problem, technical support may be billable.
Training and Tutorials
Because customer service is in integral part of our business strategy, all of our projects include a one-time complimentary training session in order for our clients to better make use of their new web technology. Additional training hours can be purchased at our standard hourly rate or applied against your existing maintenance contract.
Domain Transfers and DNS Management
For domains not originally registered with MSC, there will be a $25 fee to either transfer to the domain into our registration platform, or to transfer-out to another registrar. If your domain is not registered with MSC, DNS management and troubleshooting tasks are billable at our hourly rate.
Websites with Proprietary Source Code
Should client contract with MSC to write custom code for a website application, this code is not transferable to a new developer or host. Custom written source code is considered the property of MSC Web Development and cannot be shared with other developers. Clients are granted a license to use custom software code while on MSC servers only. MSC Web Development retains ownership of the code.
In some cases, MSC will install software for the client’s use that has been built by a third party. Examples include WordPress blog software, FCK editor software, shopping carts, photo galleries, etc. In these instances, clients will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party who owns the software, and may use the software as a licensee only. No ownership rights of any kind are transferred to the client.
Access to or transfer of proprietary source code could result in a security risk to MSC and its clients who are running similar pieces of code. In order to provide custom software development services, clients give us access to private and/or sensitive information, trade secrets, proprietary pricing and business methods. If clients believed that we may be sharing this information with outside developers, they could lose faith that we are protecting their proprietary information. Therefore, neither access nor transfer of any code built for any purpose that is unique and not commonly and publicly available can be granted. Should client want us to build software to run on another server, it must be disclosed upfront and specifically contracted for.
Website components that ARE transferable to another host include html code, graphics, logos, pictures, navigation, text, and the data residing within a database (but not the code). Hourly fees will apply for any special work that needs to be done to transfer those parts of website that do not violate the other paragraphs in this section.
MSC Web Development maintains and troubleshoots the websites we develop for our clients, as well as any domain-based email accounts of those websites. We do NOT assume responsibility for upkeep or provide non-billable troubleshooting on our clients’ ISPs (Internet Service Providers), ISP-based email accounts (, etc), your home or office internet connections, or any other non-domain-based issues outside MSC Web Development’s realm of service. Provision of non-domain-based troubleshooting services will be billable at our normal hourly rate.
MSC Reserves the right to change its terms and conditions without any consent according to its business demands and needs within the region of the Middle East.